How to buy a gun in West Virginia
If you are planning to buy a gun in West Virginia then you must be worried about the legality behind it and what laws you need to know about. Luckily in West Virginia, the law is not that strict and you don’t need to get too involved into the details of the law.
Firstly let us see what the West Virginia’s State Provisional Constitution has to say about the firearms law. According to the state provisional constitution, “A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home, and state, and for lawful hunting and recreational use.”
And so it is legal to buy any legally approved guns in West Virginia. You don’t need a permit to buy guns and even open carry of a handgun is legal without a permit at the age of 18, withstanding other applicable laws. The only thing West Virginia prohibits like most states is carrying a concealed handgun. One cannot carry a concealed handgun without a permit.
How to get your concealed handgun license?
First of all to get a concealed handgun license, you should meet all the following requirements according to the West Virginia’s firearms law:
- You should be a residing in West Virginia and your application should be filed in the county that you live in.
- You should be 21 years of age or be at least 18 years of age and be employed in a job that requires you to carry concealed handguns
- You should not be addicted to alcohol, any dangerous substances, or drugs.
- You should not have been convicted of a felony, offense crimes of violence involving deadly weapons and offense of domestic violence
- You should not currently be a subject to a temporary or a final domestic violence protective order of any kind
- You should not be on probation or any other type of judicial supervision for any offense
- You should not be under condemnation of felony
- You should not have a ruling from any court deeming you mentally incompetent.
- You should be physically-fit and be mentally competent to carry a concealed handgun.
- You should have successfully completed one of the several training or courses mentioned.
Secondly the application for the license should be made to the sheriff of your county where you reside. The application filing fee is $75.00.
Lastly for more details regarding the license, you can visit: http://www.wvago.gov/pdf/brochures/2009_gunbrochure.pdf
Where to get a gun in West Virginia?
Now that you know the firearm law in West Virginia, you can go ahead and buy the gun you are looking for. In West Virginia, used guns for sale can be bought from any type of store such as physical licensed stores, online stores and from private dealers. It would be a good idea to conduct proper research before you buy guns for sale in West Virginia because you want to buy the best gun out there.
Buy and Sell Guns in West Virginia at West Virginia Guns for Sale